Some women lean towards a more feminine tattoo design while some of the younger female ink lovers are making more trendy choices that were at one time thought of as “guys” tattoos. Choices are expanding to bolder styles, larger pieces and are being placed in more publicly visible locations. Women are getting sleeves, facial tattoos, and full back pieces.
Even though tattoos are more accepted than ever, that rule does not apply across the board. So if you are a young girl just starting in the work force you may be smart to choose locations that can be concealed if required. Until you are absolutely certain of your career, I would refrain from placing tattoos in move visible areas.
If you are absolutely determined to have a more visible tattoo, I would then suggest an acceptable choice, acceptable by the mainstream. For instance, a potential employer may be more likely to hire someone with a pretty flower tattoo on her ankle but may be socially shocked if you had a skull with a knife protruding through the top. Use some discretion and smarts when it comes to the choices you make. You won’t be eighteen forever.
Here are the Top 6 Tattoo Designs Popular with Females
- Traditional Japanese Tattoos This is a popular style for girls, the geisha, the blossoms, koi fish, dragons designs
- Traditional American Tattoos Old school ‘Sailor Jerry’ tattoos and images such as classic American cars, pin-ups, swallows and nautical star designs are becoming more popular on girls chests, abdomen, back and legs.
- Floral Tattoos So many girls are getting flower tattoos as full sleeve tattoos or covering their entire back or legs with floral designs. Artists can render beautiful styles and colors including a beautiful, soft water color effect with no outline. Flowers can be realistic or abstract.
- Butterflies Butterfly Designs are a timeless standard with it’s huge options of shapes, and colors. Butterflies are often combined with floral tattoos or easily stand on their own. This design can be attractive in the endless choices of color as well as black and gray and even tribal designs.
- Wings and Angels From the life-sized wings from shoulder blades to lower back or small wing pairs along with the popularity of angels and the symbolism to loved ones have made this design a popular one. Some back pieces have life sized wings with a look of protruding from the wearers back. These can cover the back area from top to bottom and are very striking and attractive.
- Fairies The popularity of this fantasy creature and the art created by the likes of Amy Brown, have made the fairy a popular selection with women. Fantasy art is all over the internet and if you are choosing this as a tattoo subject you will have a vast assortment of styles to choose from.